30 things I want to do before I'm 30! 27 February 2015
25. Engaged. Mother. Yep, life has definitely taken a leap in the last 12 months! This time last year I was packing my bags ready to head to Canada, single and enjoying travelling wherever and whenever I pleased. But I wouldn't change a thing! I am the happiest I ever have been :) And at 25, I'm ready to start tackling the popular "30 things I want to do before I'm 30!" For a 25 year old I've done a lot and I feel extremely blessed but I won't bore you with what I have done. As much as I love hearing about what people have done, the best conversations are with the dreamers (not the delusional ones, although they can be quite entertaining). I believe dreamers open your minds to what possibilities are out there in the big wide world, they are inspiring!
21st birthday surprise. Waking up at 6am with my sister Elle.
Since being pregnant, I pushed that part of me to the side. I stopped doing things for myself, it's all about Rex. Which it should be, to a certain extent. But as a mummy, we all need our own goals! And they're something a lot of mummies tend to push to the side! I began my yoga and stretching practise to begin setting aside time for myself but there's still so many things I know I'd love to achieve! And with 365 days in a year and just under 5 years to tick them off my list, I think it's quite realistic! (with the exception of the Virgin Galactic Flight).
I've never been a huge fan of lists, until the baby brain settled in! Lists have been my life saver, shopping lists, lists for the ugly bills, lists of things I need to get done, but by far the list below is the best list I've ever written! I'm hoping that over the next 5 years my writing will improve and I'll be sharing the photos and stories of the "30 things I want to do before I'm 30!" They're in no particular order, I've just numbered them to avoid the "did I count that correctly?" situation. The bright white screen of a computer can turn my eyes into a spin!
I want my life to inspire others! Especially my little man and fiancé! I want to continue to grow as much as I can. I hope my list inspires you to create a list of your own. Whether it be before you're 30, 40, 50 … 110, or just for the year ahead!
"30 things I want to do before I'm 30!":
1. Lotus pose
2. Volunteer on a regular basis (only allowed to tick this one off when I'm 30!)
First solo trip to Cambodia and Vietnam in 2013.
3. Be able to surf a wave comfortably
4. Cooking course
5. Nail my favourite dessert (creme brûlée)
6. Release another eGuide
7. Learn a song on the piano
8. Learn basic conversation in Auslan (Australian Sign Language)
9. Dine at Dans le Nior in Paris (a restaurant served in total darkness by the blind and visually impaired)
10. Scuba dive with my fiancé
Out on the Great Barrier Reef with my fiancé. I was 21 weeks pregnant so I was only able to snorkel.
11. Take a salsa dance class
12. Complete my Private Pilots Licence
My old flying school. I last flew early 2014.
13. Take a cruise in Alaska to see polar bears and seals
14. Stay at the Kakslaunttanen Arctic Resort Alaska in their glass igloos
15. Fly a seaplane whilst viewing the Northern lights
16. Get my toosh back (I lost it whilst pregnant. I come from a family of no bums)
17. Start Surf Life Saving
Me as a teenager! I was a lifeguard on the beaches and Green Island in Cairns.
18. Organise all my digital photos and make photo albums
19. Go on a camping road trip
20. Learn the lyrics to a favourite song (I'm hopeless with lyrics!)
21. Complete a large art piece
22. See an opera
23. Throw a fancy dinner party
24. Read 30 life changing books (starting fresh this year)
25. Sing karaoke! My biggest fear!
26. Go on a winter ski holiday
27. Introduce my parents in laws and my parents (They live in different countries, Canada and of course Australia)
28. Yoga teaching training
Learning about the mind and body fascinates me.
29. Go on a girls trip away with my besties
30. If for some reason I had a million dollars thrown my way … the Virgin Galactic Flight is my number 1!!
I hope my list has inspired you to grab a pen and paper to get your list going! Enjoy crossing things off.
Lots of love Dana